Like the title says, I am fortunate enough to living in this space with large windows (natural light) and wood floors. I am the worst at decorating. My living right now is "cute" but I want to upgrade the look to a modern, minimalist type of vibe with lots of greenery (artificial plants ideal since I lack a green thumb). This is kinda more or less what i'm going for in terms of color scheme and over all aesthetic: https://imgur.com/dsRDatX
Things to know:
– $800 budget
– I am willing to gut everything in order to upgrade to the look i'm going for
– It's an apartment so hanging shelves is not ideal, but some frames or canvas prints would be okay
– I definelty want a writing/work desk space; the desk that is there now can go if necessary
– I also want to use some of the space for morning yoga and meditation
– Are the christmas lights along the ceiling too much? When they're off they're a real eye sore.